Yes the Rush Shaked trial in front of the Egyptian courts will be adjourned again to the 12th of January 2009,if you remember it was originally adjourned to the 1st of November 2008. This time it was adjourned because it included new opponents including Ehud Olmert . We Will see what happened insh Allah on the 12th of January 2009
It is the first time to know that there is a lawsuite currently in front of the Egyptian courts concerning the 1956 Egyptian POWs who were killed by the Israeli IDF. It is a great thing. Anyhow the Compensation court decided to adjourn the lawsuite to the next January 27th,2009 .
Here are more details about the lawsuite :
- Three families are sueing the Israeli government in specific : The prime minister and the defense and information ministers.
- These families are the families of 1st lietenant Mamdouh Hussein and soldier Mohamed Amin and Mohamed Aliwa ; to the record this is the first time we know some of the names of the Egyptian POWs in 1956.
- They are demanding L.E 60 Million as a compensation.Â
- The lawyer that is representing the families are Embassador Assam El-Din Hawas, the former Embassador of Egypt in Qatar ,FM assistant and the secretary general of the Egyptian society of the United nations.
- Beside the Israeli confessions ,the lawsuite depends upon the Israeli confession aired in the Israeli TV in 1995,they should also consider the Al Jazeera report “The Way to Atlit”
This is a winning case I believe because we got the Israeli confessions themselves.I hope that the case won’t be adjourned like the rest of the POWs cases in front of the Egyptian courts.
Egypt’s oldest English spoken newspaper The Egyptian Gazette published a report today about the Egyptian POWs, it is short an interview with lawyer Farial Abu El-Nagaa whose brother enigneer El-Aidei was killed in the 1967 Egyptian POWs massacres. Mrs. Farial is among the 250 families suing the Israeli government in front of the Egyptain courts after the broadcast of the infamous “Rosh Shaked“.
Now what stopped me in this report today was its introduction :
AN Egyptian lawyer, whose brother was one of some 250 unarmed prisoners of war (POWs) said to be killed in Sinai peninsula by the Israeli army after the 1967 war, has said that while the Egyptians want peace with the Jewish state, the Israeli military involved in the slayings must be punished !!
Said to be killed !!??
Are You kidding me ?? All this and the national Newspaper that is following the newspaper believes that it was said and that they were only 250 !!
The 250 were those who were killed by Shaked but there were thousands who were killed by the rest of the Israeli forces !!??
From another hand the court decided to adjroun the case again this time to January 12,2008 !!The reason is that the court wanted to give enough time to the lawyers to get documents from the Egyptian Ministry of Defense or this is what it said. Hopefully the Egyptian ministry of Defense will cooperate with the lawyers of the POWs families
Just as I expected , on August 31 the compensations department at a Cairo civil court has postponed to Nov. 1 the hearing of a lawsuit filed by families of 1967 POWs . Originally this court was ajourned from last year !! It is so provoking 🙁
With my all respect this is not an independent court order ,it is political one.