It is the first time to know that there is a lawsuite currently in front of the Egyptian courts concerning the 1956 Egyptian POWs who were killed by the Israeli IDF. It is a great thing. Anyhow the Compensation court decided to adjourn the lawsuite to the next January 27th,2009 .
Here are more details about the lawsuite :
- Three families are sueing the Israeli government in specific : The prime minister and the defense and information ministers.
- These families are the families of 1st lietenant Mamdouh Hussein and soldier Mohamed Amin and Mohamed Aliwa ; to the record this is the first time we know some of the names of the Egyptian POWs in 1956.
- They are demanding L.E 60 Million as a compensation.Â
- The lawyer that is representing the families are Embassador Assam El-Din Hawas, the former Embassador of Egypt in Qatar ,FM assistant and the secretary general of the Egyptian society of the United nations.
- Beside the Israeli confessions ,the lawsuite depends upon the Israeli confession aired in the Israeli TV in 1995,they should also consider the Al Jazeera report “The Way to Atlit”
This is a winning case I believe because we got the Israeli confessions themselves.I hope that the case won’t be adjourned like the rest of the POWs cases in front of the Egyptian courts.