It is the first time to know that there is a lawsuite currently in front of the Egyptian courts concerning the 1956 Egyptian POWs who were killed by the Israeli IDF. It is a great thing. Anyhow the Compensation court decided to adjourn the lawsuite to the next January 27th,2009 .
Here are more details about the lawsuite :
- Three families are sueing the Israeli government in specific : The prime minister and the defense and information ministers.
- These families are the families of 1st lietenant Mamdouh Hussein and soldier Mohamed Amin and Mohamed Aliwa ; to the record this is the first time we know some of the names of the Egyptian POWs in 1956.
- They are demanding L.E 60 Million as a compensation.Â
- The lawyer that is representing the families are Embassador Assam El-Din Hawas, the former Embassador of Egypt in Qatar ,FM assistant and the secretary general of the Egyptian society of the United nations.
- Beside the Israeli confessions ,the lawsuite depends upon the Israeli confession aired in the Israeli TV in 1995,they should also consider the Al Jazeera report “The Way to Atlit”